What it is about:-
Do you like to play games? Do you secretly want to develop your own games and market them? If you enjoy games and want to get started with game design, then this course provides a solid foundation. The Game Development course provides students with a dynamic opportunity to gain up-to-date game design, development skills and processes needed in today’s exciting interactive entertainment industry. From conceptualization to game play mechanics and artificial intelligence, to design and production, students will learn how to use and maximize the Unity game development tool to create powerful games for web, mobile, or console.
The course covers game development history, platforms, goals and genres, player elements, story and character development, game play, levels, interface, audio, development team roles, game development process, and marketing and maintenance . Students will play games, analyze them, and complete portions of game designs with appropriate documentation.
- Discuss the history of electronic game development.
- Distinguish between the different game platforms and player modes.
- Distinguish between the different game goals and genres.
- Define elements related to game strategy, theory, and game play.
- Apply story and character development to games.
- Discuss various aspects of game play that can be used to design game interaction.
- Discuss the design and use of levels.
- Discuss the use of the interface for game design.
- Use audio to enrich the game atmosphere.
- Identify the distinct roles and responsibilities of game development team members.
- Discuss the production and management of the game design process.
- Evaluate the game industry and market.
- Discuss the future of game design.
- Analyze games.
- Use game design software.
- Develop game design documentation.
- Design games.
Who should attend:-
- EDUCATORS/SCHOOL INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNERS
- GOVERNMENT/MILITARY TRAINING OFFICERS
- GAME DESIGNERS/DEVELOPERS
- HEALTH CARE AND INSURANCE COMPANY EXECUTIVES